My Progress So Far

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Day

Today is a new day. Yesterday is gone, and all the mistakes I have made are gone with it. It’s refreshing to realize that. I can’t change what I ate, what I did, or didn’t do. Exercise I did, or didn’t do. It’s gone with the waves that lap against the shores of California. Gone to the bottom of the ocean, never to be relived or retrieved. We all have the power to start new, each and
every day. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. The past is there for us to learn from, to make our future better than today.

I have 4 days until my deadline.
I have been more active than not.
Also, my house is also deciding it wants to be a sauna. Those help you lose weight, don’t they?

I’ve been meaning to weigh myself in the mornings, but before I realize it I’ve eaten breakfast or chugged a buuuuuuuuuuuunch of water. (Thanks to “the sugars”, I’m always thirsty.) I won’t forget on the 1st, and believe me darlings, I will let you know, success or fail.

Mr. Big picked up my prescriptions this afternoon, and we got an extra little surprise! My doctor saw fit to prescribe a new medicine called Byetta. It's a SHOT! Like, with needles! Ah! Mr. Big and I watched some very informative videos and I gave myself the shot just before dinner. I had my friend Anna J over, so she was there to witness me in all my puncturing glory. It didn't hurt too much, just stung a little when the medicine went in.

I also took my Metformin tonight. My prescription is two pills twice a day, but I am going to stagger my dose up gradually. Either way I'm looking at severe stomach upset for the next two weeks to a month. Yay.

And thanks to my post yesterday, Aunt Flow showed up fo sho today. At work. With my life saving Midol at home. I could barely wait to go home today, where I could writhe in pain respectfully with my heating pad and pms pants.

Regardless, I started my medicine today... And that darling dears, is a step in the right direction!


-butterfly kisses, bedtime stories, and sweet little baby booties....

Your friend,
Truely Blue

1 comment:

Meredith said...

My best friend is going through the same type of infertility. I'll have to tell her about your blog. She is on the same medication! Sounds like you are on the right road!!!